Partial closure of Castlemaine library
A section of the Castlemaine library is temporarily closed due to floor damage.
Council is investigating the extent of damage, and essential works to protect public safety and repair the damage will be undertaken as soon as possible.
Mount Alexander Shire Council is working with the Victorian Goldfields Library Corporation to minimise the impact on local library services.
Most of the library collection is currently accessible, with the exception of the non-fiction section.
Readers can still borrow and return books and standard library services will continue to run until further notice.
Patrons can still reserve non-fiction items from the catalogue and staff will aim to make reserves available as soon as possible.
Services across the rest of the Goldfields Library network will not be affected, and library members can continue to request that items be sent from other branches.
Council and Goldfields Library Corporation apologise for any inconvenience.
- 2 public internet computers
- WiFi access with a Goldfields Library card
- Colour copying and printing (charges apply)
- Local history collection including the Mount Alexander Mail/Castlemaine Mail newspaper on microfilm (1854-)
- Verey Collection: 8000+ digitised photographs (portraits and local scenes) from the Castlemaine studio of A. Verey & Co. (1880s-1940s)
- Art books a specialty
- Book groups meet at the library
Castlemaine, Victoria 3450