Opening times are changing at Castlemaine Library
- New hours take effect from Monday 11 July, 2016
- See new hours on the left
Why are closing hours changing for the Castlemaine Library?
The change in opening hours reflect the outcome of a lengthy analysis of usage during all opening hours at Castlemaine Library. This action will remove three low usage hours at Castlemaine Library and will ensure that we continue to provide a sustainable, high quality service that is accessible for as many residents as possible. Staff EFT will not be affected.
Hours are being changed at Castlemaine Library in order to undertake two key tasks. These are:
- Free up staff to undertake outreach activities with important areas of our Mount Alexander Shire community and,
- Build partnerships with other organisations that are working with community in areas like early years development, arts and culture and community health and wellbeing.
- 2 public internet computers
- WiFi access with a Goldfields Library card
- Colour copying and printing (charges apply)
- Local history collection including the Mount Alexander Mail/Castlemaine Mail newspaper on microfilm (1854-)
- Verey Collection: 8000+ digitised photographs (portraits and local scenes) from the Castlemaine studio of A. Verey & Co. (1880s-1940s)
- Art books a specialty
- Book groups meet at the library
Castlemaine, Victoria 3450